to sing in the silence: pull me

pull me

Pull Me

My voice isn’t strong enough
To call your name
My eyes aren’t clear enough
To see your face
My hands are far too numb
To feel your touch
And my heart is so hollow
That you’ve become lost

They say jump
And I ask how high
They say run
And I ask how far
They say smile
And I ask how long
They continue to ask
And I continue to fall.

You say come
And I continue to leave
You say trust
And I continue to doubt
You say leap
And I continue to stand strong
You say “I love you.”
And I continue to hear nothing.

Come as I am?
How could that be?
Know who you are?
How could THAT be?
I can’t see you,
Can’t touch you,
Can’t hear you,
Can't feel you...

Yet you want me...

You want me to come
With reckless abandon
But I don’t know how
Or if I'll ever make it...

So pull me…
With everything in you.
With all of your might…
If I really am worth it...
Then pull me.


It's been a long time since I've written this way... and tonight, I just sat down and wrote whatever came to me... I've never been good at writing poetry. I never learned meter, and rhyming has always felt so strange and forced to me. What it is that I do write, I'm not really sure even has a category... They're more just thoughts strung along together in some random fashion...

1 comments:

Rebecca February 2, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

I'm sorry you are going through all of this. I am here for you. Lets get together soon.

my blog

"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." ~Vladimir Nabakov

about

My photo
"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." ~Vladimir Nabakov