to sing in the silence: fresh

fresh

"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." ~Vladimir Nabakov

The pages of Rain of Wonder have been blank for quite some time. The pages of my journal have been blank as well. For months, there has been nothing... I'm reminded of a well. It is as if I have this writing well. I lower the bucket, lower it some more, and when I hoist the bucket up through the well, the bucket returns to me without a drop in it. Empty.

There were times where I would sit and stare at my computer... blank, confused, frustrated, and sad. Any and all words seemed distant, and I couldn't seem to grab hold of anything. To form a coherent sentence seemed an impossible task. I would spend a good hour attempting to craft something resembling an entry, and end up with a page filled with ridiculous ramblings.

However, I've learned that if you continually find the bucket empty in one well, maybe it's time to find a new well.

This, my friends, is my new well.

While I cannot get a new brain, or force inspiration, what I can do is start anew. I can begin with an empty slate. I can put behind me 4 years of blog entries, and seek brand new start. This blog is it. New. Fresh.

Since I started my first blog, Blogger has added some fun new gadgets and gizmos. I may be adding new ones from time to time, so keep an eye out for those. For now, I suggest you check out the YouTube Gallery at the bottom where I will be displaying some of my favorite YouTube videos. Currently playing: So You Think You Can Dance - Joshua and Katee.

So please, come join me as I begin my new writing journey. My desire is that this new well will provide a wealth of water. Sometimes, my entries may just be pictures, or links. Sometimes I may post an entry with music lyrics. Sometimes I may highlight something cool and unique to Milwaukee. And sometimes, I may bear my soul.

Your comments are also most welcome. They both inspire and spur me on to write more regularly. They are ever so encouraging. I have cherished, and will continue to cherish, those comments that I receive both on and apart from this blog.

But most of all, this new blog is designed to help me get back into the art of writing... to discover the words written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible.

3 comments:

Unknown August 12, 2008 at 8:34 PM  

i love, love, LOVE the look of this blog! i just adore that opening quote! what a great to express those feelings - i can relate in a way.
i love the scrolling photos - especially the ones of an ever so adorable little boy! ;)
i look forward to reading the thoughts and, yes, even the ramblings! write, you will probably express thoughts and feelings many of us have but don't always have the skills to express, or take the time to really accept.

Anonymous August 12, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

Hey Tory. The new layout looks cool. It makes me want to jump start my blog. As far as the writing goes, I think you should just be you....after all that is what a blog is all about. Don't let people tell you what to write because if you do the pages may remain blank. You are creative and have lots of thought.

Unknown August 12, 2008 at 11:00 PM  

Hey Tory. I love the new look here. The colors are great. I also completely approve of the Nabakov quote. If anyone should inspire, it's someone who writes amazing books in his third (second?) language. Yay for you for starting fresh!

my blog

"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." ~Vladimir Nabakov

about

My photo
"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." ~Vladimir Nabakov