to sing in the silence: write

write

What to write, what to write… I swear, I’ve started maybe 5 or 6 entries over the past week. So many things to think about… but I'm having trouble running with any one idea in particular…

Here are the things I've been thinking about/writing about:

The Jonses: My good friends were laid off of work, have 4 children (2 with autism), and are about to have their house repossessed. Yet, they’re still praising God… Ah-mazing.

Christine: A friend of mine leaves for Uganda in a few days to work with Invisible Children. She’s such an amazing woman… one I admire greatly. I’m anxious to hear of all her Africa adventures, and plan to live vicariously through her stories over the next year, until HOPEFULLY I can go visit her.

Suffering: I had a crazy good conversation with a dear friend of mine earlier this week about suffering. He challenged me hardcore on a couple of things… Still working those challenges out in my head. A lovely, lighthearted conversation indeed... (note sarcasm)

Civil Disobedience: Lots and lots of thoughts on the idea of civil disobedience lately, only further prompted by a movie I watched this morning. Another light topic, hey?

Poverty: Continuing on the "light" trail - I've been learning about and am trying to understand what poverty really is, especially its effect on education and educational systems, and hopefully will soon pick up the book "A Framework for Understanding Poverty" by Ruby Payne. Lots of perspective shifts going on in that book. Awesomeness.

Adopting Kids: Thoughts about foster homes and adoption, and what life would be like as a single mom… My brain can't seem to shut off on this topic...

All of these topics I’ve started and have yet to finish because I can’t seem to make any coherent entries out of them… They’re so stream of consciousness right now. Recently, I asked a couple of friends to give me a topic to write about - hoping maybe it would spark some sort of inspiration. They told me “love.” Talk about a broad topic! I decided not to tackle that one right now…

But for the very few of you who still check my blog periodically (sorry I’ve been so lazy and sporadic in my writing), what topic would you most want to hear about? Maybe if I had a prompting of sorts, I’d be more inclined to finish…

Otherwise, check back in a day or two… I hope to have one of the above ideas finished soon.

For those of you who still check this blog, I love you lots… You rock. Thanks for stickin’ with me, and being interested in my crazy journeys.

Much love to you.

3 comments:

Unknown October 4, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

I recently listened to the Relevant podcast about Boystown, a LGBT community in Chicago and there's a husband and wife who live there among them. Now I know in the past, we as followers of Christ haven't been shining examples to them. They are God's children as well. I just thought it was interesting to listen to this man who used to bash them when he was younger and is now is living among them. That would be an interesting topic to talk about. Or maybe tolerance and apathy in general.

Unknown October 4, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

love you too! we are visiting waukesha in november, so hopefully we can hang out then!

Tory Jane October 4, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

Chad (Hohner or Bainbridge?) - yup, I'm aware of the husband/wife duo in Boystown. My sister-in-law raves about his book, and strongly suggests I read it, since it is a topic I've been very much drawn to for a long time and had many discussions on... Thanks for the heads up though...

Vicky - we most DEFINITELY need to hang out when you come up here! I still have yet to meet lil' Rubes! And I haven't seen your girls in SO LONG! I'd love to see the whole lot of you! :)